😉 You’d better run when:
- Your assassin henchman just wet his pants.
- The ancient red dragon you had just been fighting says
S**t, I’m out of here!
and flies away.
- The bad guy just laughed evilly, and seven birds fell dead out of the sky.
- The DM chuckles, and says
I spent seven hours rolling this guy up.
- The bad guy burps, and a human toe flies out of his mouth.
- The DM plays a tape of scary organ music, and starts talking like Boris Karloff.
- The bad guy is dressed all in black, but has one of those little yellow smiley face buttons (DMs can be sooo sarcastic).
- You point your wand of fire at him, and it melts.
- The bad guy keeps Elminster in a cage, and occasionally pokes him with a fork.
- After the battle, the only Player Character to survive is the one that stayed back in town with the flu.
Source: 3rd Edition Palace of D&D